October 28, 2016 6:15 pm - 8:15 pm
The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
1000 5th Ave
Join us as we discover the backstories of some of the most famous and celebrated paintings in the world, such as Sargent’s Madame X, or Vigée Le Brun’s portrait of Madame Du Barry. Our art history tours introduce you to women who were simultaneously scandalous and central to the political and cultural elites of their time—as well as the fascinating subjects of some of our greatest art of all time. All of our art museum tours are led personally by Professor Andrew Lear, a leading scholar on the history of sexuality and a master guide. Our tours are intended for newcomers and experienced art enthusiasts alike.
On this fun and informative 2-hour museum tour, we will learn about many things, including:
– the courtesan who modeled for ancient Greece’s first female nude statue
– the official royal mistresses of the French kings
– a Venetian courtesan who published books of poetry
– the ballerinas of the Paris opéra in the 19th century, and their “patrons”
– the lurid and frightening image of the femme fatale
– the American beauty whose portrait scandalized France in the 1880s.
And so much more….
Ticket price includes museum admission. Discounts available for seniors, students, and Met members. Advanced purchase necessary.
Get Your Tickets Here —> bit.ly/1Sn2DGO
Follow on Twitter: —-> bit.ly/1RTc3d1
Instagram: —-> @ShadyLadiesTours
Join Our Community: —> Shady Ladies of the Metropolitan Museum